Welcome to Doctor Who: Worlds in Time! This is a tutorial for starting out in the game.
Creating your Character Edit
When you create a new account, the Doctor will ask you to join him by creating a character. A popup will appear to take you through the selection process of the various options.
You must also choose a single-word name which follows these guidelines:
- Names cannot have characters other than letters.
- If you cannot think of a name, there are many random name generators on the web that can make sequences of random syllables to help you come up with name ideas.
- Character names cannot contain any inappropriate language or slang.
- If your chosen name is already taken, a bubble will let you know and you will need to try another name.
Upon clicking the "Enter TARDIS" button, you will be asked to fill out information for your account including email address, password, and year of birth. You will also need to agree to the Terms of Service.
After this information has been saved, you will need to confirm your email address via the emailed link before you are able to play the game.
The Game Window Edit
The game window consists of a few different parts. Most of the window is taken up by the world view. Here you can see a new player's Home.
The bottom right corner of the screen includes buttons relating to your Home:
The bottom left corner of the screen includes:
- The chat interface
- The TARDIS menu
- The player menu
- The gadget
- The Friends and Guild menu.
- The help and preferences menu
Since the 18th of December, the party and Chronons/Coin Display menus have become a permanent feature on the screen.
The Party Menu in the top left hand corner consists of:
- The Planetary Menu (See TARDIS menu )
- The name of the current adventure
- The current party members
- The Party Status icon - Green for open to all, Yellow for Friends and Guild members only, and Red for closed.
The Chronons/Coin Display Menu in the top right corner consists of: