Time has been broken into shards and scattered across the universe. Time travellers work on interventions and Missions to help the Doctor collect the shards. They require Chronons to open, and can be different sizes and types. All shards contain materials and either a piece of Furniture or Decoration or clothing (also see Wearable items).
There are five sizes of shards. At the beginning of the game, interventions normally yield Tiny shards. On Shard Hunts, players may opt to claim a shard or continue until they find a shard of the next larger size. As the player reaches higher levels, larger shards are more frequent.
Shards also have an aspect that relates to the kind of items found within.
- Alfava Metraxian shard Alfava Metraxian Items
- Alien shard Alien Items
- Ancient shard Ancient Items
- Artisan shard Artisan Items
- Catkind shard Catkind Items This shard aspect is currently being researched. Please contribute your findings in the forums here: Catkind Shards
- Christmas Items Were available during Beta. Unknown how to obtain them at present except through missions from Beta that reward them that remain in players' mission lists.
- Clockwork shard Clockwork Items
- Clothing shard Clothing Items
- Cybermen Items Doctor Missions only.
- Dalek shard Dalek Items Doctor Missions only.
- Earth shard Earth Items
- Ember shard Ember Items
- Furniture shard Furniture Items
- Historic shard Historic Items
- Judoon shard Judoon Items
- Librarian shard Librarian Items
- Malcassairan shard Malcassairan Items
- Martian shard Martian Items
- Messaline Items
- Military shard Military Items
- Natural shard Natural Items
- New New York shard New New York Items
- Oodish shard Oodish Items
- Philosophical shard Philosophical Items
- Silurian shard Silurian Items
- Skaro shard Skaro Items
- Starship UK shard Starship UK Items
- Storage shard Storage Items
- Structural shard Structural Items
- Technological shard Technological Items
- Temporal shard Temporal Items (Also called "Mysterious" temporal shards, they could be considered neutral or "aspectless," as they are the only types of shards not associated with a graphic.)
- Time Lord shard Time Lord Items Doctor Missions only.